CCSD COVID-19 Procedures & Protocols
The safety, health, and well-being of our dancers, their families, and our teachers are a priority! We are closely following CDC guidelines and implementing new procedures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Miss Cathie & her faculty are committed to continuing to provide the best in dance education. We will be practicing social distancing, cleaning and disinfecting the entire studio, supplying and using hand sanitizer, wearing masks when social distancing is not possible, etc. We understand that everyone’s situations and preferences are different. Therefore, we are trying to accommodate to keep dancers dancing within their own comfort zones. All preferences must be respected by all dancers, families, and teachers.
Procedures for studio entrance:
All persons entering the building are required to wear a mask and use hand sanitizer upon entrance.
Please be prompt with your drop off and pick up times as our schedule is time sensitive to allow for the proper precautions put in place and the cleaning and disinfecting of the studio. Please call us if you know you will be arriving late for drop off or pick up.
We will now have two entrances to the Aldan studio: the Main Entrance & Entrance B
The Main Entrance is to be used by our Preschool students through our Intermediate students.
– Preschool, Kindergarten & Gym 1 parents will be permitted into the studio for drop off only. Please limit to one parent/guardian and do not bring siblings unless absolutely necessary. The teachers will assist your children when class is over and bring them down the steps for pick-up. Please be prompt for pick-up and wait for you child outside. If your child is a returning student and you both are comfortable to drop off outside at arrival time, we will have teachers downstairs to assist at drop off times as well. We hope to limit any parent activity in/out of the studio in the first couple months as parents feel comfortable
– Beginner through Intermediate students should enter the building alone. Teachers will be waiting at the entrance to welcome your child and make sure they are brought to the correct classroom. Parents are welcome to park and walk your child to the door, please do not stop in the car lane and affect the flow of traffic. Parents of new students will be permitted into the building on the first week at drop off time to ensure your child is comfortable.
Entrance B will be used by Class “E” through Class “A”.
– The door to Entrance “B” is on the left side of the building, located just as the Main Entrance is on the right. Parents are not permitted to enter the building, please remain in the parking lot. Payments should be sent up with student.
– If parents would like to talk to Miss Cathie or a member of the faculty, please call the studio and schedule an appointment.
Glen Mills Studio:
We will continue to use the front entrance to the Glen Mills studio with our class times spaced to allow for one class to exit the building before the next class begins to arrive. Please be prompt for both drop-off and pick-up times.
– Parents will only be permitted in the building for drop-off of the Preschool, Kindergarten & Gym 1 classes. Please limit to one parent/guardian and do not bring siblings unless absolutely necessary. The teachers will assist your children when class is over and bring them to the front door for pick-up. Please be prompt for pick-up and wait for your child outside. If your child is a returning student and you both are comfortable to drop off outside at arrival time, we will have teachers to greet you at the door for drop off times as well. We hope to limit any parent activity in/out of the studio in the first couple months as parents feel comfortable.
– All Beginner students and older should enter the building alone. Teachers will be waiting at the entrance to welcome your child and make sure they are brought to the correct classroom. Parents are welcome to walk your child to the door. Parents of new students will be permitted into the building on the first week at drop off time to ensure your child is comfortable. Payments should be sent in with student. If parents would like to talk to Miss Cathie or a member of the faculty, please call the studio and schedule an appointment.
Please monitor your child’s temperature. We reserve the right to take temperatures of anyone entering the studio using a non-contact, infrared thermometer. All staff and faculty will be required to have their temperature taken upon arrival.
There will be a Hand Sanitizer station to be used upon entering. Classrooms will also have Hand Sanitizer to be used when needed.
Pennsylvania’s Universal Face Coverings Order requires all persons 2 years old and older to wear a face covering upon entering and exiting the studio. Face coverings include any mask, shield or covering of both the nose and mouth.
– We are following the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association (PIAA) regulations put in place under the direction of Governor Tom Wolf.
– We will be asking all students, faculty & staff to continue to wear their face mask while in class. This protocol will be readdressed as new regulations are released and we feel our students are able to safely dance at a 6 ft distance.
– Social Distancing will continue to be encouraged while in the studio. There can be no hugs, high 5’s and/or chewing gum.
– We will have floor marked where to place their dance bags to maintain the appropriate social distancing. Please make sure your dancer brings a bag for all their belongings, baskets will not be used at this time. Water bottles will be permitted inside the studio, but we ask that all snacks remain in the car.
– All hard surfaces such as doorknobs, Ballet barres, etc. will be disinfected hourly or more when necessary.
– There is an allotted time for the studio to clear and be cleaned before the next class begins. Please be prompt on your arrival and departure times. Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes prior to the start of your class. (If you do, please wait in your car)
Lost & Found will not be used this year. Please label all your belongings and remember to take all your things home with you. Items left behind with no label will be disposed of each evening.
Due to social distancing and the regulations put in place, individual class sizes will be smaller and available on a first come, first serve basis.
The Lobby and Restrooms will be limited to students and staff. Students should use the restroom prior to coming to class and should be limited at the studio. All Restroom handles, doorknobs and light switches will be disinfected after each class.
– Please do NOT come to the studio for any reason if you have a fever, cough, or are sick. There will be a makeup class provided once you are well.
– Please do NOT come to the studio if you have tested positive, or have had COVID-19 symptoms within the past 14 days.
– Please do NOT come to the studio if you have had close contact with a person who has tested positive or have had COVID-19 symptoms within the past 14 days.
– We reserve the right to take temperatures of anyone entering the studio using a non-contact, infrared thermometer.
– Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or above OR showing signs of sickness, will be asked to leave the studio.