By enrolling at the Cathie Collins School of Dance, you or your child will receive professional dance training by an experienced and highly trained faculty, certified by Dance Educators of America.
Our instructors are experienced teachers and enjoy working with children of all ages and levels. You or your child will receive the benefits such as coordination, self-confidence, and flexibility that dance classes give and will be taught in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Our ultimate goal is to prepare your child for a performance which will exhibit the knowledge, ability, and confidence gained through attending classes. If after reading the following information you have any questions, feel free to contact the studio.
Important Information (this information also available on our Registration Page)
- Registration fee and lessons are due on or before your first class and the first week of each month afterwards. Registration fee is non-refundable.
- Monthly tuition is due the first week of the month. Payment can be made in the studio or online in our Parent Portal. The credit card processing fee is waived if your account is signed up for automatic payment.
- There is a $10.00 late charge fee when paid after the 15th of each month.
- When any check is returned to us, there is a $45.00 fee which is due in cash along with the amount of the check.
- You are welcome to begin to make payments on your recital costumes at any time. Some parents find it helpful by adding a small amount to their lesson fee now.
- All classes are paid for, even when missed. Make-up times are available and can be used at any time.
- Aldan Location, Parking Lot: Please enter from the right side, circle through and exit the left. Parking alongside the driveway’s curb is permitted and should be used during hours of high volume. Your car needs to be facing Providence Road to exit safely. Thank you for your cooperation!
Information for our Preschool / Kindergarten / Beginner Classes
- Please have your child’s name in all of their shoes before your first class.
- Please be sure your dancer brings their own bag to hold their belongings.
- Preschool and Kindergarten classes wear their tap shoes first and change into their ballet. The teachers will help them if needed.
AGES 3-4 / 55 MIN CLASS
|A relaxed introduction to dance. Children will learn basic TAP and BALLET steps – also modern movements designed to help strengthen muscles, limber the body, develop balance, grace, and self expression.Shoes Needed: any color tap shoes, white ballet shoes|
AGE 5-6 / 55 MIN CLASS
|A relaxed introduction to dance. Children will learn basic TAP and BALLET steps – also modern movements designed to help strengthen muscles, limber the body, develop balance, grace, and self expression. Taught at a higher degree of difficulty than the preschool class.Shoes Needed: tan tap shoes, any color ballet shoes|
|BALLET – BEGINNERS
AGES 6 AND UP / 1 HOUR CLASS
|Students with no previous training or limited training. Basic positions, barre work and classical ballet movements will be included in this class. Stress on developing self-confidence and becoming comfortable with body movements.Shoes Needed: pink ballet slippers|
AGES 4 AND UP / 55 MIN CLASS
|This class is spent on limbering and strengthening the muscles, tumbling on the mats and trampolines.Shoes Needed: White gym shoes|
|TAP – BEGINNERS
AGES 6 AND UP / 1 HOUR CLASS
|Students with no previous training or limited training. Children will learn basic tap steps, technique, and work on combinations. Stress on developing self-confidence, rhythm, and becoming comfortable with body movements.Shoes Needed: Tan tap shoes|
|JAZZ – BEGINNERS
AGES 7 AND UP / 1 HOUR CLASS
|Students should have at least one year of ballet training. Children will learn barre work, jazz floor exercises and basic jazz steps. Stress on developing self-confidence, rhythm, and becoming comfortable with body movements.Shoes Needed: tan jazz shoes|
Intermediate and advanced classes are also available for tap, ballet, and jazz students.